[Qgis-psc] Started wiki migration to osgeo

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sat Apr 4 09:41:58 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 18:29:55 +0200
Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Otto Dassau wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a new QGIS wiki but now based on mediawiki here:
> > http://www.qgis.org/mediawiki
> >
> > I also started with the migration, but for the development and release
> > sections
> > I have the impression that a lot of information can be removed or should be
> > updated.
> >
> > I would like to ask you: Gary, Tim and Marco to go through the "Release
> > Info"
> > and "For Developers" moinmoin sites and tell me what you think should remain
> > and
> > what can be removed.
>
> Ok will do as I get time.
>

> > At the moment you cannot create a login yourself, so please tell me, if it
> > is ok
> > when I create accounts for you. You can change your pw then.
>
> Please go ahead.

ok, I sent you the pw and created you account

> Can you tell me if you made mediawiki support moinmoin syntax or
> something? Looking at the source of the CODING document it seems it is
> still original. Does that mean moving to media wiki wont break my
> ability to use t2t generated sources?

yes, I tested that before I started with the migration and txt2tags supports
Wikipedia page (MediaWiki) as well:
http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/features.html

> Also will it be possible to theme it to look like the QGIS.org home
> page? It would be nice to have almost exactly the same banner, sidebar
> look etc if possible.

yes, of course! Can you help there again, because I still don't know how to
create those fancy banners? The current background image is here:
http://www.qgis.org/mediawiki/skins/monobook/headbg.jpg

regards,
 Otto