[Qgis-psc] donations

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Apr 9 06:28:37 PDT 2009

Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Donations are coming (close to 200 EUR now). I'm collecting agreement to
>> be mentioned publicly and I'll add them both to the web page
>> (http://qgis.org/sponsorship/donors.html - I think it would be also good
>> to show the actual balance sheet on a page: do you agree? Where can it
>> be put? Can we write down also previous donations and expenses?) and to
>> the DONORS list in src.

What are your suggestions for this (I mean, what and where to put these
data? I had a positive reply for publication from all but one of the
donors).

> We should try to publish some kind of financial statement on an annual
> basis too - it would be great if you could prepare this.

Fro now a statement should be rather simple:
- $1943.90 USD were on our OSGeo account from the 2007 fund raising
campaign, after compensating committers
- we gave Tim Sutton ($1,000 USD) to help with the critical release of 1.0
- we contributed a total of 500 $ to the expenses of Carson and
Borys to help them participating to the 2008 hackfest (am I forgetting
somebody?)
Therefore we should still have $443.90 USD at OSGeo (Tyler, can you
confirm?).
In addition, we recently started another funding campaign, through
GFOSS.it, and we collected a total of €395.00 EUR

> For the donations balance, it would be great to show the target for the
> hackfest and the amount we have towards that as a little graph or something.

This would be good: any idea on how to implement this? just making a
small PNG des not seem all too elegant to me...

For the records, this is my previous report:

> Dear QGIS donor,
> your contribution to the project has been greatly appreciated. The
> enthusiastic response of QGIS users helps us keeping on investing our
> energies in this project.
> Your contribution, pooled with those of many others early QGSI adopters,
> helped us to reach a very important goal: the release of the 1.0
> release. The funds collected ($2,669.59 USD, minus $77.72 US for PayPal
> fees) have been used primarily to:
> - fund a period of full-time QGIS development and project maintenance by
> Tim Sutton ($1,000 USD); without this, the 1.0 release would certainly
> have been delayed
> - contribute to OSGeo, who manages our infrastructure ($647.97 USD).
> The rest (together with new donations) will be used to fund a QGIS
> developers conference where we can meet in person and brainstorm, fix
> bugs and hold a week of intensive QGIS development work.
> We are now in the process of launching a new sponsoring and donation
> programme for QGIS, that we hope will bring even more fresh energies to
> the project, and will help us proceed at a fast pace towards new goals:
> http://qgis.osgeo.org/sponsoring.html
> We hope you are continuing to enjoy using QGIS, and you will continue
> collaborating with us for an even brighter future.
> All the best.
> The QGIS Project Steering Committee

All the best.