[Qgis-psc] License for new QGIS Wiki

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sat Apr 18 04:18:35 PDT 2009

Hi Tim,

here are my ideas at the moment. But I will read more about it to see if I my
ideas make sense at all :).

a) I would suggest to have the wiki, blog and website content licensed under
CC-BY-SA 3.0 [1], as long as it is not explicitely stated different. For example
when we provide links to the software or the PDF documentations, then we would
add a hint that these materials are licensed under XY etc.

b) The User Guide and later the DLA material for GIS beginners could be FDL 1.3.
[2] I saw you already put tje DLA stuff under FDL - right? I also think FDL fits
well for this kind of material and as Bernhard Reiter from FSFE also said: "a
good choice for separate, independent documentation"

c) The CODING and INSTALL texts from the QGIS sources, that we convert and use
within the "Compiliation and Coding Guide" could/should be published as GNU GPL
[3], because it is part of the QGIS GPL sources.

 regards,
  Otto

[1] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode
[2] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html