[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.2.0 Branched - Call for packaging

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon Aug 24 00:12:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:58:15 +0200
Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Source tarballs can be obtained from here:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/qgis_1.2.0.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/qgis_1.2.0.tar.gz.md5

I built opensuse packages for 10.3, SLE10, SLE11, 11.0 and 11.1 from the source
tarballs. As usual the packages are (or will soon be) available via the
Application:Geo build server as described on the qgis download webpage.

A note for 10.3 and SLE10 users:

For opensuse 10.3 and SLE10 I updated QT4 to 4.4.3 and python to 2.5. In this
context it was necessary to update a lot of other depending packages as well.
For future QGIS releases I decided to stop building QGIS packages for these
'old' versions, bacause it doesn't really make sense, if you have to update
almost half of your installation to be able to work with QGIS. So, I would
like to ask all 10.3 and SLE10 users to upgrade their installation to something
more current like SLE11 or 11.1.

Regards,
 Otto