[Qgis-psc] donations

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri May 8 02:00:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 8 May 2009 09:40:48 +0200
Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> > Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> >
> >> Currently we have only a SPONSORS list in source. I guess we should
> >> change this to DONORS and have an empty SPONSORS list with a message
> >> pointing people from the about dialog to the SPONSORS web page. As and
> >> when we get sponsors we can add them to the about box.
> >
> > Done (it would be nice if the links could be clickable, in both files).
> > Could you please add a "DONORS" tab to the about box?
>
> Ok I will do. Not sure how to make a link clickable in a text file. We
> can make a clickable link in the about box.
>
> >> On the website maybe we could have a finances page where we list the
> >> current state of project finances.
> >
> > Done. Please check if you all agree with the changes.
>
> I looked for this but didnt see it in the menu - am I missing it?
>
> >> No I was thinking to have a kinda of progress bar on the left of the
> >> website in the support QGIS sections. I'm sure there is already some
> >> gizmo that will do this for us.
> >
> > That would be good. Otto, any ideas?
>
> jQueryUI has a progress bar we should be able to use for this. Ill try
> it out over the weekend.

I added a sinple module to Joomla "Extensions -> Module Manager -> Progress Bar
in Content". Click on it and adapt the "Static: Passed value" to the current
amount and the progress bar in http://www.qgis.org/en/sponsorship.html
will be updated.

It can also be used with SQL but I guess, it would be easier for Paolo to update
the static version if something changed.

regards,
 Otto