[Qgis-psc] QGIS Polska

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Dec 15 05:34:40 PST 2010

Hi

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl> wrote:

8<----snip---------------------

> Thank you Tim for those comments - that's exactly the point. The only
> problem is time, so we try to find now some temporary solutions.
>
> For target certification we will prepare preliminary schedule and road map
> proposals. In 1-2 weeks we can present it for disussion. Send it to 'psc'
> mailing list or directly to 'edu'?
>
> regards,
> Robert

Yes. I suggest we do the following:

- Create a 'grandfather period' of 2 or 3 months and put out a call
for applications for people to apply to the PSC for de facto
certification.
- Establish certification levels and which levels can be grandfathered e.g.
  - QGIS User (no)
  - QGIS Professional (no)
  - QGIS Trainer (yes)
  - QGIS Developer (yes)
  - QGIS Examination Center (no)
- Establish under which criteria people should be grandfathered in
e.g. for certified trainer it may be 2 or more of:
 - developer status / svn committer (including documentors)
 - translator status
 - track record of providing QGIS based training
 - period of using QGIS not less than 3 years
 - etc.
- Evaluate applications and grandfather in those who meet the criteria
- Issue certificate numbers to the bootstrap group (e.g. reserve 1-50
for this purpose)
- Design official certificates with Gary's signature on the digital
master (Robert could you make something for this?)
- Initially just manually add issue details to a wiki page in a table
somewhere while we get an automated system in place

How does that sound?

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net