[Qgis-psc] 1.7 release?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Dec 20 10:19:10 PST 2010

Hi Paolo

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> We originally planned to release a new version around the end of the year. Now the
> 1.6 is still fresh, but I think it would be good if we could release an updated
> version anyway (several new features are rather interesting).
> In general, it would be good to have a more automatic release cycle, not to overload
> Tim, and having more frequent releases.

I would like to aim the release for mid to end feb:

- I would like to get the new plugin repository going (plus some of
the other django infrastructure we are building) in place for the next
release
- It would be great to have the globe stuff from Pirmin & co incorporated
- It would be nice to have a little longer freeze so we can have it as
stable as possible
- It would be great to have teh steroids (which is a dependency anyway
for globe) and table join stuff in place for the 1.7 release.

I agree we should try to automate the release process more and I will
spend some time thinking about which parts can be automated and try to
reduce the items in the checklist that cant be automated.

If mid-end Feb is agreeable for others I will create a new checklist
and draw up the timetable for the release?

> What do you think?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc