[Qgis-psc] Request for sponsorship

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Mar 30 14:37:22 PDT 2010

Hi

On 30/03/2010 09:59, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi PSC members
>
> As you probably know, we are preparing a german speaking user meeting in Bern
> on 21st of April (http://qgis.org/de/user-meetings.html). We are expecting
> 40-50 participants to come to the event.

Cool!

> Participation at the user meeting is free (and the participants pay for their
> lunch in the restaurant). However, we would like to offer free coffee and
> croissants to the participants. I'd like to ask if this could be funded by the
> qgis project (cost about 300 euro).

What is our current financial state? Paolo?

Like that, we could show to the
> participants that donations to the project are a very usefull thing.
>
> What do you think?

I guess my vote would depend on the outcome of Paolos report back. Also
bear in mind that Gary is running a north american hack fest (June was
it?) and may come to us looking for funding for transport for hackers
etc so we should make sure our actions are equitable.

Assuming we have a decent amount of money in the kitty, and that someone
will write up a blog report (with lots of piccies :-) from the event so
that we get some wider publicity out of it, its a +1 from me.