[Qgis-psc] Forum and blog hosting

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 00:20:23 PST 2010

Hi,

@Gary, when do you plan to close your server?

Am Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:19:30 +0100
schrieb Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch>:

> > To me, +1 to close it, and move the useful info to wiki pages. Tim's
> > blog has become the unofficial but authoritative QGIS blog by now.
>

> There are frequent blog articles from Linfiniti, GIS-lab and Sourcepole
> about QGIS related activities. So it would be cool to collect them on a
> QGIS blog page (similar to http://planet.osgeo.org that collects the
> articles from a number of sources). Don't know how difficult it is to set
> it up though.

I agree with Marco. Something that collects qgis related blogs and also
allows to directly add own posts would be nice. Maybe we can set up
something like planet.osgeo.org.

+ 1 to close the current blog and do something else on the VM.

> > I see a problem here: I know of several users who were disappointed not
> > having feedback from their post. Perhaps we should encourage the use of
> > the ML instead?
>
> I had similar feedback from users, therefore I'd also vote for closing the
> forum.

I don't use the forum at all, but I think many users do.

+1 to migrate the forum as is to the VM