[Qgis-psc] Forum and blog hosting

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Nov 18 22:21:51 PST 2010

Il 19/11/2010 03:29, Gary Sherman ha scritto:
> Although several users didn't get feedback that is the nature of all
> forums. I think shutting it down would not be a good move.

I understand. So why not putting a warning "No guarantees of a response
- for faster replies use ML or IRC"?

> Actually I have been thinking about the bus factor for a while. I had
> been planning to suggest the move of the blog and forum for just that
> reason, even prior to my decision to shut down my server. I think we
> have a pretty good spread of admin privileges now, with the exception of
> the domain. The DNS is problematic since the domain is rolled in with
> all my others and there is no way to separate the administrative
> privileges. If anyone has any ideas how deal with this let me know.

I assume your registrar does not allow you to split admins among your
registered sites, right?

> I didn't contribute much, was nearly as tired as those at the hackfest
> since I've been sick since my recent travels. Good to see everybody
> though---it's amazing that nearly 30 people attended. When I think back
> to the early days of QGIS it's mind boggling...

Indeed, the success of your original idea is amazing. I still remember
when I was reviewing Linux DesktopGIS applications: QGIS was
interesting, but did almost nothing.
All the best, and thanks for this.
--
http://www.faunalia.it/pc