[Qgis-psc] bugfix donation

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 20 01:27:10 PDT 2011

Hi Paolo

I think to have an initial run of 25eur open to everyone would be
good. We do an initial run to test that it works well. If it has
complications we address them and come up with a refined system. If
not, I suggest to do successive batches at 25eur a bug. At some point
in the future we can then decide to up the bounty if the bugs have
become too complex. We need to have a wiki page or something to keep
track of who has claimed for bounty so people dont expect rewards for
bugs they are fixing when the batch is finished.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Please, let's take a decision.
> My choice: option #2, first run @25 € * 10 bugs, then we'll decide how
> to continue. Open to everybody, submitted to PSC approval.
> If I do not hear anything within a week, I'll assume everybody agrees.
> All the best.
>
> Il giorno dom, 17/04/2011 alle 19.07 +0200, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> let's put down the alternatives:
>> * leave the money for the project
>> - pros: no discussion, everything keeps on working as it is
>> - cons: the donor will not have the impression of doing something
>> directly useful
>> * keep the original proposal: 25-50 € per bug
>> - should this be open for every developer, or just for committers, or
>> for outsiders only? There seem to be good reasons for each of the
>> options.
>> - should we have a first run at 25 € (10 bugs), so to clean the really
>> easy stuff, followed by a second 50 €?
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

 * QGIS programming services