[Qgis-psc] motion: globe plugin, write access for Pirmin Kalberer

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 4 01:42:38 PDT 2011

Hi

+1 from me

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Paolo
>
>> - we drop any hope to have multithreads in the foreseeable future?
>
> I'm not the right person to answer this question.

Alex was working on merging the mt branch - not sure how far he is -
its a difficult job as it is branched off QGIS 1.5.

> @Nathan: Threading branch and globe are connected only indirectly in the sense
> that the threading branch is a proper possibility to avoid render loop
> conflicts between QGIS and the globe plugin.
> With the mutex lock it is now possible to use the globe plugin outside of the
> threading branch.

@Nathan - put Marco's reply another way, the Globe used to depend on
threading branch, now it doesnt so it can be incorporated. The
threading branch is still on the cards.

> Regards,
> Marco
>

> Am Montag, 4. Juli 2011, 09.09:27 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
>> Il 04/07/2011 09:06, Marco Hugentobler ha scritto:
>> > I'm therefore proposing to include the globe plugin to the codebase and
>> > to give Pirmin Kalberer, who is available as a plugin maintainer, write
>> > access to the qgis repo.
>> >
>> > Please give feedback and votes.
>>
>> +1
>> Does this mean that:
>> - in the current implementation the globe will be significantly slower?
>> - we drop any hope to have multithreads in the foreseeable future?
>> Thanks a lot.
>

> --
> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Sourcepole -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland
> marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch http://www.sourcepole.ch
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net