[Qgis-psc] Re: Bounty feedback

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jul 20 02:05:22 PDT 2011

Hi Paolo (I'm bringing this into the psc list too)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 18/07/2011 14:21, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> Ok great. Shall we start? :-) Does the doc I wrote work ok for you? I
>> will add it to the CODING guide if it does.
>
> Hi Tim.
> How do we proceed?
> All the best.

Its really a case of working through the bug list now and editing
those that you want to be 'bounty' bugs using the following procedure
in my initial email to the list:

--------------------------------------

== For bounty managers ==

To manage bounties, you need to be approved as an administrator on the
redmine instance at http://hub.qgis.org
Taking into account the number of bounties that can reasonably issued
from the bounty fund, visit each issue to have a bounty and do:

```
Update -> Change Properties -> More
```

Then change the tracker type to 'Bounty' and assign a bounty value.

--------------------------------------

It will probably be best if we have 'sprees / seasons' where we
allocate bounties for say 10 issues, get them closed and then do the
next spree. At lease to start with anyway. That will let us generate
some publicity for the process and also iron out any kinks we may come
accross. BTW I created a query for the bounties on the side list on
the qgis desktop tracker:

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=14

So we can just point people to that to see what bounties are up for grabs.

It probably makes most sense for you to allocate the first 10 based on
your knowledge of the budget etc.

> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services