[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Re: Sponsoring Quantum GIS

Gary Sherman gsherman at geoapt.com
Mon Oct 17 13:17:00 PDT 2011

On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:04 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> OK, I think we have been trapped.
> foliovision.com is a web advertising company. the guy has found a cheap way of advertising.
> I think we must take a clear resolution now.
> thoughts?

This is why I originally asked their motivation and use of QGIS. I think it cheapens QGIS when we are willing to link farm for anyone with a few dollars. I suggest we accept donations from people/organizations that are legitimate users or supporters of FOSS, including GIS. Using our web infrastructure to increase search engine rankings leaves a foul taste in my mouth...

I suggest returning the money and establishing published guidelines for donations.

-gary