[Qgis-psc] donations and GRASS plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 01:41:53 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 16/09/2011 09:55, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> are some GRASS tools (e.g. digitising) that probably wouldnt be easy
>> to implement in that environment.
>
> Right. For this, I think we should reuse the general QGIS digitizing tool (we had a
> couple of interesting discussions about that with Radim and Giuseppe, I think it is
> feasible and in general much better than having two different tools).

I would be interesting to hear some technical details of such
digitizing tool. Back in 2008 when we started with OSM plugin I was
also dreaming about unified digitizing for simple features, grass and
osm. Eventually I came to the conclusion that such unified tools would
be quite hard to produce because of very different data models they
employ.

Martin