[Qgis-psc] code review & licences

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 10 10:59:21 PDT 2012

Hi

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Following the recommendation by the Debian Devs, I think we should
> scrutinize carefully all code by new contributors, and put all licences in
> the same document.
> Tim, would you like to add this to the governance document?
> See also: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3789

Yes once there is clarity on our licensing it should go under
governance. My understanding is that there isnt any need to change teh
license version since it is 'version 2 or greater' so we can
comfortably include gpl stuff (like the sql anywhere driver).

Also does the licensing need to be for the project as a whole or on a
file by file basis? We have a lot of other bits mixed in e.g. Qt
exception, spatialite etc that all have variations on licensing.

> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini
> See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc