[Qgis-psc] Fw: About inviting a key QGIS programmer to FOSS4G Korea 2012

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Aug 16 10:20:59 PDT 2012

I would, id nobody more suitable is available.
--
http://faunalia.eu/pc
Sent from mobile, sorry for being short

Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> ha scritto:

Hi,

is anybody interested in this or knows someone who is?

Regards
Otto

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:06:43 +0900
Von: "Shin, Sanghee" <shshin at gaia3d.com>
An: Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>
Cc: "Shin, Sanghee" <shshin at gaia3d.com>
Betreff: About inviting a key QGIS programmer to FOSS4G Korea 2012

Dear Otto,

First of all, hope all the things are going well with you.

I'm Sanghee, representative of OSGeo Korean Chapter. And I'm very glad that
QGIS is getting popular and popular here in Korea. Especially next week our
local chapter will conduct 5 days open source GIS training program including
2 days QGIS training.

Anyway.. OSGeo Korean chapter will have an annual FOSS4G Korea event here in
Seoul on 12th, Oct just like last year. And this time we have a plan to
invite one key QGIS programmer to Korea, since many of our chapter members
are GIS SW programmer and they hope to have a in-depth knowledge about QGIS
programming.

Expected role of invited key QGIS programmer will be like this:

First, 2 hours workshop that illustrate the overall structure of QGIS
program and how to start QGIS programming or plugin development.

Second, 20 minutes keynote address that present future direction of QGIS
development or similar things.

Basically our chapter will pay round trip air fare(economic class) to Seoul
and 4 nights hotel expenses here in Korea.

So can you recommend any right person for our invitation?

FYI, International OGC TC/PC meeting and Smart GeoExpo - the largest Korean
GeoSpatial event - will be held at the same venue at the same period. So
this visiting could be great opportunities for the visiting person.

Hope to hear from you soon.

with regards,

Sanghee
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478