[Qgis-psc] Funding request for the QGIS Developer Meeting in October 2012

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jun 7 23:42:58 PDT 2012

Dear board members,

we would like to make a modest request to financially support the upcoming
QGIS Developer Meeting in October 2012.

The QGIS Developer Meetings have a long history of successes:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Developer_Meetings
During the meetings, a number of major improvements are done, both on the code itself
and in the governance of the project. As such, the meetings are essential for the
ongoing progress of the project.

We are now planning the 8th edition of it, to be held in Essen, Germany.
As QGIS do not have any major sponsor, but rely on free and mostly very small
contributions by our happy users, OSGeo contribution will be essential to keep this
initiative going.

Thanking you in advance,
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia