[Qgis-psc] Fwd: proposal for a QGIS documentation web infrastructure development sprint @ 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Mar 15 14:48:21 PDT 2012

Hi

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm forarding this proposal by Paolo Corti.
> I think it is very interesting, but I leave the decision to the psc.
> All the best.

I'd be happy to +1 that assuming we have the funds. I have two
comments on the notes above:

1) Please liase with Otto, Yves and others already interested to make
sure this is the right route we want to follow (I think it is but
others may differ)
2) If we are building on django, I would prefer we extend the existing
QGIS django app (https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django) to further the
goal of reduction of proliferation of things we have to manage.

I have been using sphinx quite a lot lately too and am convinced this
will be a good route for us to follow. I would be interested in
merging the various documentation assets we maintain (either using
intersphinx or by combining them into a super project):

- coding guide
- gentle intro latex port
- user guide
- python cookbook