[Qgis-psc] OSGeo award

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Nov 4 11:55:17 PST 2012

Hi

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> > Could you clarify what the OSGeo award is? I've heard of the SOl Katz
> award
> > but not the OSGeo award (other than in this thread).
>
> Sorry for "intruding" here:

No problem at all!

> For me this name is fairly confusing since it is "just" an
> activity of a local chapter.

Ah ok - I think that was actually mentioned in  Paolo's original post but I
forgot the context.

> I have just said so on the board list, too:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-November/010313.html

Agreed.

Paolo on reading the back messages again and Markus' message, I'm
backtracking a little on whether it is a good idea to apply ourselves for
such an award. It seems to me a little strange to apply for an award on
behalf of ourselves - it would make much more sense to me if they e.g. ran
a survey of attendees or derived the nominations from adoring fans rather
than it coming from us.

> cheers
> Markus

 * QGIS programming services