[Qgis-psc] qgis down

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Nov 27 08:55:59 PST 2012

Hi Pirmin,

On Tue, 27. Nov 2012 at 17:25:28 +0100, Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> We had three failures within a month. There was no common root cause for the
> down times. My opinion is to ask OSGeo/OSUOSL for more virtual machines and
> decouple the different functionalities. This would improve the availablity and
> help analyzing failures. My propsal would be having three VM's:
> 1. www.qgis.org + mysql
> 2. plugins.qgis.org + python apps
> 3. hub.qgis.org + nightly build

16:07:23	jef:	pcav: this time it was apache was hung wating for the wsgi socket - and a apache restart fixed that.
16:12:11	pcav:	jef: ok, thanks a lot
16:12:38	pcav:	do you think we should act & improve the infrastructure?
16:16:31	jef:	pcav: I don't know. can we get a vm for each vhost? apparently it's always something else that hangs and takes all other webservices with it.

IOW +1 ;)

wsgi is used for plugins and pootle, isn't it?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden