[Qgis-psc] qgis HF in vienna?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Dec 9 13:12:01 PST 2013

Sorry for bottom posting, but this is first time community list sees this...

On 07-12-13 19:32, Stephan Meißl wrote:
> On 12/07/2013 11:00 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> yesterday we had a QGIS psc meeting, and voted for Vienna as first
>> choice, IF it is still  possible for the local organizers to arrange the
>> venue.
>>
>> so the main question is: can something be arranged?
>>
>> if so: what do you need from us? I'll be around on irc #tosprint
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>>

> Hi Richard,
>
> thanks for the message, that's great news. Our venue sponsor, the City
> of Vienna, has reserved enough space to also host the QGis HF. I'm
> planning to visit the venue just to make sure in the next days. Anybody
> local interested to join?
>
> For the moment I'd just have some basic questions:
> How many participants are you expecting? Is it 20-30 or maybe rather
> 40-50 like at the last HF?
> Do you have any preferences, requirements, etc. regarding a hotel block?
> Do you have any potential sponsors I should contact or you want to contact?
>
> Maybe we could arrange a brief meeting quickly discussing things like
> sponsoring, social activities, hotel, etc. If you don't have any
> objections I'd like to announce the news on the tosprint list maybe
> including an invitation to the meeting.

Hi Stephan,

cc'ing to community list, hoping some locals will chime in to form a
'local' QGIS organizing team to assist you.

@community: somebody want to join Stephan to have a look at the venue?

Your other questions:

- number of participants: I think 20-30 is a better guess now. Brighton
was I think packed because it was just in front of Nottingham. Second I
think this is seen as a rather technical HF.. (? not all too sure of this)

- hotel blocks: well,... QGIS people are comfortable everywhere ;-) No
special requirements then not being expensive

- social activities: as long as there are 'schnitzels' around we are
fine. We had a nice walk around Vienna the last time we were there.

- potential sponsors: not that I'm aware of: Paolo?

- no objections on announcing it anywhere

- brief meeting: sure, let's meet on IRC

@community: please chime in here if you think other answers are better.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde