[Qgis-psc] Proposal: Creation of 3 new PSC member positions

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Jul 9 10:56:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

Am Tue, 9 Jul 2013 08:15:52 -0800
schrieb Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com>:

> On Jul 8, 2013, at 6:32 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gary
> >
> > Thanks for this.
> >
> > I am wondering if I can use the opportunity to shift roles a little bit
> > at the same time. In particular I would like to know (if others are
> > agreed) to take on the testing and QA mantle and hand over the release
> > management role to one of the new appointees.
> >
> > I will commit the new roles to the governance docs shortly.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tim
> >
> I'm working on the call for nominations right now. I need the  other PSC
> members to chime in on transferring Tim to the new Testing/QA role before
> I finish up.
>
> Personally I'd like to chain him to the Release Manager role permanently,
> but given his contribution to QGIS, I think he deserves a break :)
>
> -gary

yes, that were my first thoughts as well ;). Apart from all the other work
for the QGIS project Tim has done a great job as Release Manager during the
last years. It won't be easy to find an equivalent dedicated person for this
role. But if he would like to change to testing and QA, I support this, of
course.

Regards
Otto