[Qgis-psc] server

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Sep 17 09:33:48 PDT 2013

On 16-09-13 10:32, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have been told we have serious problems with our server (old Debian,
> no space left, etc.).
> I suggest (and ask to vote) to buy a new one, just for us. At about 50
> €/month, it is not an issue for our finances.
> Obviously, +1 for me.

  +1 for me too, now

I did ask support of Hetzner if there were any benefits in pooling
servers, eg in one datacenter of them (I was thinking about sharing
virtual machine images, or big db dumps; @tim: I know we will use docker
:-) ) But apparently there is not benefit, so as we are all in
Nottingham: let's do it.

This is the auction Tim mentioned:
https://robot.your-server.de/order/market
not sure if it is worth the hassle: 42 euro for the cheapest Intel server.

This is the cheapest server:
http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex40
49 euro p month

Richard