[Qgis-psc] HF in Essen 2014 from 3.10 - 5.10.2014

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Jan 7 04:14:54 PST 2014

Hi Paolo,

Am Tue, 07 Jan 2014 12:57:36 +0100
schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Il 07/01/2014 12:54, Otto Dassau ha scritto:
>
> > I asked at the linuxhotel and we are welcome to meet from 3.10 -
> > 5.10.2014. We can use Thursday as arrival day in the afternoon and use
> > their facilities in the evening already. But as last time we have to
> > leave on Sunday in the afternoon, because they have to prepair the rooms
> > for the monday training courses again.
> >
> > As last time, they can offer 27 beds at the venue (+ tents, air
> > mattress). If more people want to participate, we have to organize
> > something.
> >
> > Is that ok? Can I make that date fix?
>
> Thanks for this, Otto.
> My guess is that:
> * we'll have more than 27 people (and it would not be good to send people
> away)
> * due to flights, it will be a bit difficult for everyone to leave on
> Sunday. All the best.

we can try to find hotels nearby, if more people want to join. We don't have
to send people away, but they would have to bring a tent or sleep on the
floor with a mattress, if they want to stay directly at the linuxhotel. But I
guess we can organize that. We had the same "problem" last time.

The other option, if the linuxhotel is just not big enough for us anymore
would be to find another venue somewhere else. I guess we will see, if
that is necessary in Vienna.

We can't offer in general to stay longer than Sunday, because the training
course participants usually arrive Sunday afternoon/evening. There might
be some beds available to stay until Monday, but this becomes clear only a
couple of days before the meeting (that's what they told me).

Regards
Otto