[Qgis-psc] Use of QGIS trademark

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 04:53:34 PST 2014

Hi all.

Paolo's mail about moving forward with QGIS trademark made me think
about various aspects of the whole thing.:

1. how will be the legal entity connected to QGIS project? Will there
be formal memberships, board (PSC members)?

2. who will be legally allowed to use QGIS trademark?

3. will we license the trademark to other parties?

4. what about third parties that have already started to use QGIS name
(e.g. QGIS cloud, QGIS enterprise) ?

5. will we ever enforce the trademark use and take legal actions or is
that just for better protection in case of legal actions against the
project?

Regards
Martin