[Qgis-psc] QGIS trademark: moving forward

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jan 22 23:31:33 PST 2014

Hi Paolo,

Yes I received your email regarding legal entity/trademark.

I can work on it - but you have to be patient. I will be away at the
beginning of february and will work on it when I am back in the second
half of february. We have two lawyers at my workplace and I will ask
them what they think will be the best form of legal entity in our case.

QGIS survived without the legal entity for many years - so I think we
should not rush now and take the time it needs to do it properly.

One goal would be to have things ready by the Vienna hackfest in the
middle of March.

One thing that we will have to produce for the legal entity -
regardless of the form - is the charter or the statutes. Both the
"Verein" (Association) or the "Genossenschaft" (cooperative) need
them. Do you already have something we can build on or some ideas? The
charter will have to define how the board looks like (e.g. the current
PSC), what the modalities are regarding re-election of the board, who
are the members, if there will be a membership fee, how decisions are
made. How often there are meetings - at least once a year is
necessary, etc. etc.

Andreas