[Qgis-psc] Official QGIS Podcast

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Jan 23 14:21:58 PST 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>wrote:

> On 23-01-14 14:43, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Nathan Woodrow and myself have been scheming about making a QGIS podcast
> > for some time. Today we actually got started and recorded our first
> > episode - which features Nyall Dawson as guest. We would like to make
> > the podcast and 'official' QGIS podcast including:
> >
> > * A web page at http://podcast.qgis.org
> > * Use of QGIS branding and logos etc.
> > * We will use @qgis.org <http://qgis.org> email addresses
> > * A link back to QGIS.org
> >
> > We will host the actual content on libsyn (which I will personally cover
> > the cost of) and invite members from the community to be our guests.
> > Also I would like to register accounts on youtube twitter etc as
> > 'qgispodcast',
> >
> > We will not feature any ads or if we do, we will direct any revenue
> > towards the QGIS project.
> >
> > We are trying to do it reasonably professionally with a fixed format,
> > weekly delivery and we have bought good mics etc.
> >
> > Does anyone object to our plans? Of course any hints or suggestions are
> > welcome.
>
> +1
>
> Would be nice to virtually fly over the world: guests from japan,
> brazil, germany, etc etc (we have at least 20 languages  :-) ).

Yeah - thats the plan! :-)

> I liked the older tuxradar  podcasts, which had some items like:
> - small geo news items (in our case: stuff like you read at
> http://www.slashgeo.org/
> - tip of the week, or finding of the week

Ok we are on the same page here. Look at the show rundowns we have shared
with you on google drive for more info on how we plan to structure the show
(it will no doubt evolve over time).

> etc...
>
> But isn't a weekly one a little ambitious? a 2-weekly should be ok to
> start?

Probably but we will try to make them regularly. We would like to have more
regular hosts so the whole thing is not just down to Nathan and myself and
also we are keeping them to around 30-40 mins so that they dont take ages
to edit / produce.

> Regards,
>
> Richard

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member
 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net