[Qgis-psc] Dev meeting evenings

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Mar 2 06:22:38 PST 2014

Hi,

Am 02.03.2014, 09:45 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> Thanks Anita. From my point of view, money is not an issue (50 %* 4h per
> day * 4 days will be affordable). So please ask the devs.

Realistically, do you want me to start a discussion on the dev list? Or
email those who will attend?

> I suppose we cannot ask to be flexible, and pay
> only what we use, right?

Unfortunately, we have to arrange this in advance.

> An alternative is to keep on hacking at the hotel, I suppose a small
> group could use the hall?

I suppose but I don't know that hotel and its infrastructure.

Am 02.03.2014, 12:14 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>:
> I guess there would be "spontaneous" small hackfests at the hotel
> lobbies, restaurants or bars if we have to leave the main venue.

Most likely. But these places will be of limited use because of lack of
electricity and good wifi.

> As a donator I don't want to have my money fade away in security
> companies. I'd rather invest in QGIS developers. So I would not want to
> pay security people every evening. Maybe just one evening?

Noted. I think at most we would get Tuesday and Thursday (maybe Friday)
because OSGeo covers Monday evening and Wednesday evening we'll have
dinner in the city center.

> Have you also discussed about the catering? I guess for 60 to 80 people
> it is not possible to spontaneously organize meals like at previous
> hackfests. Also the restaurants can't host that many people without
> reservations.

On Monday, Stephan will organize catering at the venue. On Wednesday there
will be a restaurant reservation. I guess one day will be pizza day. In
general, there is a big supermarket in the neighboring building where we
can buy all kinds of snacks and convenience food.

@Tim: So you would want to spend some money so that we can stay longer?

> If I wasnt so skinny I should have been a security
> guard in Austria - they make good money! :-)

Don't worry, after taxes and the bosses' share, it's not very glorious.

Thanks for your input so far!

Best wishes,
Anita

--