[Qgis-psc] Backporting?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Mar 6 06:42:09 PST 2014

Hi Paolo,

On Thu, 06. Mar 2014 at 13:00:24 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> > Packaging is not the actual issue - that can be automated (given that we
> > can agree on a save set of assumptions on how we release).

> Sounds good: can we proceed on this?

Proceed with what?

You realize that the main points of the posting was questioning the usefulness
and stability of point releases w/o extra testing and suggests involving the
users more in testing before the release instead to avoid the nessicity of
bugfix release to fix stuff that could have easily spotted and fixed before the
release, but with much smaller effort (and w/o any potentially buggy and in
turn damaging point releases).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden