[Qgis-psc] How do we handle icon discussions?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Mar 8 13:53:47 PST 2014

Hi,

Am 23.02.2014, 19:22 Uhr, schrieb Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:
> Thanks Anita and Otto. My concern in the original thread was mainly
> relating to trivial updates to icons invalidating training materials and
> other resources out there. We would like to invest more time and effort
> into training materials for QGIS but its not so nice if as soon as you
> write them a new version of QGIS comes out with different icons making
> all
> the screenshots invalid. Same goes for people writing books etc. about
> QGIS. My thinking was that we should adopt some kind of policy whereby we
> accept new icons for new tools in minor releases but collect general icon
> tweaks and improvements together for  e.g. major releases. That way we we
> limit the amount of brain retraining that has to happen between each
> minor
> version for users, and reduce the amount of churn that documentation
> related to QGIS needs to undergo with each release.

Thanks for your input Tim! I'm with you on this issue. Does anyone in PSC
care to discuss further? (Based on the limited feedback so far, I assume
it's not of top importance.) Otherwise, I would go ahead and write up a
"policy" (as Tim roughly described above). Most likely, I would write it
up in the dev meeting week so we can talk about it there if anyone is
interested.

Best wishes,
Anita

--