[Qgis-psc] atom feed on frontpage and training manual available

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Mar 8 14:10:45 PST 2014

Am 17.02.2014, 20:46 Uhr, schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net>:
> On 17-02-14 20:38, Anita Graser wrote:
>
>>> # qugsnews is a static feed on the server (to be updated by hand)
>>> /var/www/qgis_new_web/html/feeds/qgisnews.atom
>>
>> Is this atom file on Github? Or what should be the procedure to get it
>> updated?
>
> No procedure yet.
>
> It's here:
> http://www.qgis.org/feeds/qugsnews.atom
>
> Not sure what an easy procedure is. We can start by sending it to
> someone with an account on the server, and ask him/her to put it in:
> /var/www/qgis_new_web/html/feeds
>
> another option would be to create a small web project in Github.

Github woud be fine for me. I don't have access to the server and it's
probably easier to update if I don't have to bother someone via email
whenever I notice a new event that should be added.

>  Maybe
> combining with the html file(s) for other downloads?
> Like I just copied README.html from download.osgeo.org to here:
> http://www.qgis.org/downloads/data/
> We can maybe also make those README.html files for dirs like
> http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/pdf/
> http://docs.qgis.org/1.8/pdf/
> http://docs.qgis.org/testing/pdf/

Nice work! I think it's a great idea to have these READMEs.

Best wishes,
Anita

--
anitagraser.com