[Qgis-psc] QGIS License

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:28:57 PST 2014

Hi!

Just stumbled across a part on SQLites Webpage which might be useful
for QGIS as well (For selling "Licenses" for e.g. Universities that
need "something").

"Obtaining An Explicit License To Use SQLite

Even though SQLite is in the public domain and does not require a
license, some users want to obtain a license anyway. Some reasons for
obtaining a license include:

* You are using SQLite in a jurisdiction that does not recognize the
public domain.
* You are using SQLite in a jurisdiction that does not recognize the
right of an author to dedicate their work to the public domain.
* You want to hold a tangible legal document as evidence that you have
the legal right to use and distribute SQLite.
* Your legal department tells you that you have to purchase a license.

If you feel like you really have to purchase a license for SQLite,
Hwaci, the company that employs the architect and principal developers
of SQLite, will sell you one."

https://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html

Maybe we should integrate something like that into our Homepage too?

kind regards
Werner