[Qgis-psc] Motion: Resurrecting the RFC (QEP - QGIS Enhancement Proposal)

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Sep 3 03:52:57 PDT 2014

Hi PSC

Just a meta-level observation here (based on watching the discussion
traffic over on the dev list) that  I think the most constructive way
forward with the RFC/QEP is to have one designated person running the
effort of curating / managing the proposals and then give them some
autonomy to form a team and self organise / make decisions etc.
Otherwise we will reach our typical 'which logo is the nicest' impasse
every time something needs to be decided. Thus can I put the following
proposals to the PSC:

1) We accept the concept of formalised proposals for major changes to
the QGIS project

2) We assign one person to head up this work, form a working group and
self-organise

I am +1 on the concept of having QEP/RFC.

I would like to nominate Nathan Woodrow to head up this process since
he seems to be the most passionate and invested in it.