[Qgis-psc] Proposal that QGIS.ORG will become a member of the OpenDesign Alliance

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 15 13:13:33 PST 2015

Hi Richard,
> are not compatible. As you  say it is a personal proposal, not a
> psc/board proposal. So Vincent, Strk and others are not criticizing
> psc/board :-)

For that I apologize. Sorry for my inconsistence.

>   I would NOT be in favour incorporating this kind of libs in QGIS. A
> separate (ETL?) tool is better in my opinion.
maybe - but not user friendly - and not tightly integrated in QGIS, so
one could snap to, copy/paste to other layers, have proper styling and
labels, etc.

> Being pragmatic is nice, but I think QGIS should stay close to it's FOSS
> roots if you ask me...

That can be one attitude - but it doesn't help me solve the problems of
my users with QGIS.

Thanks,