[Qgis-psc] GEOS discussions

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon May 25 16:04:32 PDT 2015

Hi

> On 25 May 2015, at 12:18, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim, all.
> I went re-reading the threads and I think the next step here is on
> Sandro Mani to take.

Thanks for taking a look!

> For the M values support he made a PR which I'm esitant to merge due to
> its effect of growing every coordinate used by GEOS by 30%. A compile-time
> define to enable/disable it would make it easily acceptable.

I guess the issue with this is that we will need to ask upstream packages to enable this flag for different distros in order for us to be able to use the geometry checking tools in QGIS….which means that there will be anyway a 30% overhead added…..or we need to bundle in our own copy of the geo lib into the QGIS source tree with the correct flags enabled which also isn’t great. Is there anyway to make it a run time switch rather than a compile time switch? Seems like that would solve a lot of issues.

> For the PrecisionModel discussion there's no PR yet.
>
> I'll be busy till the end of October so won't be able to take more work
> to look at those issues myself.

Ok thanks!

—

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net