[Qgis-psc] Attachment file types on issues

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:26:29 PST 2015

On 9 November 2015 at 07:46, Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org> wrote:

> Its great to see this is being raised again. In previous hackfests we discussed this with Giovanni and he seemed on board with the idea. In parallel we could migrate the wiki to GH wiki (which is also a git repo which is nice). Are you thinking more generally that we get rid of redline? Because there is still the issue of all the other projects we host there. It would be nice to end-of-life redline and ask others to migrate off it too so that we have less infrastructure to manageā€¦.

I've been wondering for a while if we should do this anyway. My
thoughts were that moving third party plugin's issues away from
"qgis.org" would help to add a visible layer of separation between
them and official QGIS core/plugins. I think at the moment issues in
plugins are very often confused with issues in QGIS itself (eg
OpenLayers print composer issues), and have seen considerable amounts
of user's frustration at plugin issues directed toward QGIS itself.
For this reason I'd like more visible separation between issues that
are QGIS' fault and issues that belong to third party stuff we have no
control over.

Realistically, there's plenty of other free issue tracking options
available now which the plugins could migrate to.... and we're all
aware of the issues with redmine which mean that it's not even a
particularly good service we're giving to plugin devs by allowing them
to reuse the tracker.

Nyall