[Qgis-psc] Code signing for Mac version

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Thu Oct 1 00:23:08 PDT 2015

On 01-10-15 00:07, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>> To sign code they sell code-signing certificates [0] for 175 euro
>> per year or 429 per 3
>
> Ok - so the Apple cert is still cheaper then.

I was just wondering if buying a 'sign all OS packages' would be
cheaper in the long run (as I predict that Windows will have the same
stuff later on...).

But let's stick for an Apple cert for now then!

So who is going to buy that one (as qgis.org project) then?
Larry, or should I or Andreas do that?

> I think the situation is the same as for windows users, and we
> should just use the same donation hint and approach / wording. It
> will be interesting to know how many OS X downloads there are in
> the course of this too...

I will write to both Larry and William if they can maybe upload their
packages to the download server.

Regards,

Richard