[Qgis-psc] Code signing for Mac version

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Oct 1 10:31:19 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 11:22:09AM -0600, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> >
> > /me feels like Italy burocracy was exported to the outside world (scary).
> >

> Yes it is a total scam that in the 'web of trust' game you eventually have
> to *pay* someone to vouch for you!  I hope your government isn't that
> crazy. :-)

Well, you now have to use a "digital signature" to do many things
in Italy, but you can't just go to a public office and get your
customly-generated key signed by the state, rather you have to buy
trust by authorities. So yes, that crazy.

> If I could find a reasonable way to do this for free, I would certainly
> recommend that method. I don't like the idea of paying Apple, Microsoft,
> VeriSign or anyone else just for their seal of approval. But alas, this is
> how the client OS setup is for hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of QGIS
> users.

Pointing to documentation about getting free would seem to be
important. I hope it's still possible on modern computers, or
was restricted boot got to a point you can't own your hardware
anymore ?

--strk;