[Qgis-psc] signing and downloads of QGIS Mac OS X installer

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Oct 6 23:50:53 PDT 2015

Pulling this to psc list again...
(@psc see thread below, replying to Williams comment on signing GDAL and
python modules with QGIS or not)

Mmm, I'm not a mac user, so cannot comment on the value of having
separate modules. My experience with mac users is they are either very
techy (so probably want this), but most are not technical at all (and
those we want to address I think).

We could make a 'full (signed) QGIS install' vs a modularized one?

But another option would be to have osgeo or a combined osgeo/qgis
certificate?
How does for example Postgis do this?

Or maybe do a small OSGEO kickstarter project to raise 1780 dollar to
have 10 years of full all OS certificates?

Or am I starting to run out of QGIS-line now :-)

Regards,

Richard