[Qgis-psc] Sponsored fix report for 2.12

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:44:26 PDT 2015

Hi PSC,

I've just submitted what I think is the last of my fixes for the 2.12
release (pending any overnight super-blockers being reported!)

Here's a summary of what I did during this time. Note that this is a
bit messy, since it includes both the sponsored fixes + a considerable
amount of extra volunteer time. But hey, I want to see a good release
;)

- Sweep of all changed dialogs, ensuring tab order is correct
- UNREPORTED: Only save effect element if it is non-default (decreases
size of qgs project files)*
- HIGH: Fix map rotation not considered for ellipse marker data
defined rotation (#13367)
- HIGH: Maintain order of recent expressions (#13461)
- NORMAL: Make sure recent expression group is always listed last (#13462)
- NORMAL: [diagrams] Fix initial value of transparency slider not set (#13434)
- UNREPORTED: Fix potential crashes in renderer widgets
- NORMAL: Fix legends are empty if presets used with filtered legend (#13300)
- UNREPORTED: Fix crashes and inconsistent ui when atlas is set to a
geometryless layer
- BLOCKER: Fix diagrams are always shown, regardless of setting (#13501)
- BLOCKER: Fix fill ring tool used with advanced digitising crashes
QGIS (#13355)
- NORMAL: Fix add ring/fill ring tool works on first polygon (#13069)
- BLOCKER: Fix missing sip bindings for renderers (fix #13545)
- BLOCKER: Fix crash in label property dialog (#13543)
- NORMAL: Fix hardcoded border for raster legend items (fix #13540)
- BLOCKER: Fix symbols drawn multiple times in rule based renderer if
symbol (#13220)
- BLOCKER: Use a model for node editor table, fixed hang when node
tool used on large feature (#13541)
- BLOCKER: Fix node tool duplicates nodes when topological editing and
snap are both enabled (#13466)
- NORMAL: Fix broken data defined SVG marker outline width (#13423)
- HIGH: Scale svg marker outline width to match context (#11522)
- HIGH: Allow coloring of svg markers and svg fills when used with
graduated/categorised renderers (#11658)
- HIGH: Fix svg outline widths are incorrectly scaled (#11522)
- UNREPORTED: Fix snapping options dialog not correctly initialised
when loading projects
- UNREPORTED: Fix uninitialized variables in advanced digitizing dock
which meant that sometimes advanced digitising tools would be
activated unexpectedly
- NORMAL: Fix curved labels ignore line orientation placement flag (f#5778)
- UNREPORTED: [console] Move run button earlier in console editor
toolbar (prevents it being hidden in overflow menu on small screens)
- UNREPORTED: Fix fill and outline color for svg markers sometimes
enabled even though SVG file does not support parameters
- UNREPORTED: Fix svg marker colors not correctly restored from project
- UNREPORTED: If svg files with params do not have a default value
set, then don't reset the fill/border color and border width when
changing svg marker/svg fill SVG files (made the behaviour consistent
between the svg marker and the other marker symbols)
- NORMAL: Fix svg symbols are shown in white and hard to see in svg
picker (#10908)
- NORMAL: Fix refining rule based renderer using expression (#10815)
- UNREPORTED: Fix crash when changing symbol types on windows
- BLOCKER: Fix split parts tool only leaves one of the newly created
parts (#13421)
- BLOCKER: Fix using add part tool to add part to geometryless rows
(#12885, #11319)
- UNREPORTED: Fix some potential crashes with edit tools and null geometry
- UNREPORTED (thought I'd submitted this years ago but can't find the
issue now): Allow adding features with empty geometry via attribute
table
- HIGH: Allow delete part tool to remove geometry from single type
point and line layers (#13258)
- LOW: Fix overview canvas background color not set (#11157)
- Add some unit tests for QgsWKBTypes
- NORMAL: When adding ring to a geometry, add z or m dimensions to the
ring geometry if required (#7400, #7401)
- NORMAL: Also show features with modified geometry when "show edited
and new features" filter is active in attribute dialog (#11684)
- BLOCKER: Fix broken apply button in label config dialog (#13543)
- BLOCKER: Fix area calculation when OTF active and no ellipsoid, add
unit test (#13601)
- UNREPORTED: Fix exporting geometry collections to WKT would result
in invalid WKT
- UNREPORTED: Fix unable to import WKT using MultiPoint(1 1,2 2,...) format
- UNREPORTED: Fix GeometryCollection WKT to support collections with
multi* children and GeometryCollection children (allowed by spec)
- Add a bunch of unit tests to geometry
- UNREPORTED: Fix calculation of area and length of mixed geometry collections
- UNREPORTED: Fix geometry casting in python bindings (missing
MultiLineString and GeometryCollection casts)
- UNREPORTED: Fix calculation of length/perimeter for geometry collections
- UNREPORTED: when creating geometry from WKT, upgrade dimensionality
of geometry if coordinates are 3/4 dimensional
- UNREPORTED: match dimensionality of collections to child dimensionality
- UNREPORTED: fix area of curves was non-zero if curve is closed
- UNREPORTED: don't consider m values when testing for curve closedness
- NORMAL: Fix merge attributes tool sets skipped attributes to null (#13231)
- NORMAL: Add skip all option to merge attributes dialog (#6958)
- UNREPORTED: Fix QgsStatisticalSummary sometimes returning 0 for
StDevSample stat
- UNREPORTED: Fix storing string representations of doubles in an int
field results in NULL rather than converting value to int
- NORMAL: Fix merge attributes/features tool resets values to null for
int fields and add a warning if merged attribute value is not
compatible with field type (#12842)
- Fix a LOT of leaks relating to geometry and GEOS operations, labeling
- UNREPORTED: [pal] Fix regression in placement for free/horizontal
polygon labels
- Add tooltips to advanced digitizing dock
- Fix a crash in filtered legends
- Reviewed and merged several bug fix PRs

So basically I concentrated mainly on blocking geometry, labeling and
digitising issues, and just generally cleaning up regressions in the
editing tools. I still need to backport a lot of these fixes to 2.8,
but I'll wait till after release for that.

Thanks for sponsoring me again this cycle - I really enjoyed this
work, and I think 2.12 is in good shape for release. Fingers crossed
nothing has escaped our testing!

Nyall