[Qgis-psc] [SAC] signing certificates

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:02:52 PDT 2015

Good afternoon:

The board has passed the following motion "Authorize up to $500 USD/annual
for the SAC to obtain signing certificates for use by OSGeo projects (as
per request of the QGIS PSC)."

Larry Shaffer as agreed to join the SAC committee to facilitate this
activity, and should be able to answer any questions on what is needed.
While there has been some discussion on the board mailing list on the
technical aspects of this activity, please take a moment to go over the
same ground with Larry.

While QGIS is the initial focus, other projects should also be in position
to take advantage of this capability. I trust we can use this initial
experience with QGIS to learn how to manage a certificate and provide
controlled access.
--
Jody Garnett
OSGeo Board

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827