[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Apr 5 00:26:20 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 01:23:33PM +0700, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > On 31 Mar 2016, at 16:37, ElPaso <elpaso at itopen.it> wrote:

> > The historical reason for LDAP osgeo account was to have a SSO
> > for all our services, that were hosted on osgeo servers

[...]

> > Just note that the plugins website will still require an osgeo
> > account, unless we find a way to authenticate users against github.
>
> Its pretty easy to do with django-social-auth plugin.

In an ideal world any service would allow you to use different
authentication methods but most importantly your own OpenID[1]
provider.

[1] http://openid.net/get-an-openid/

Switching from requiring an OSGeo account to requiring a GitHub
account seems like moving in the wrong direction.

You could check out https://launchpad.net/django-openid-auth

OSGeo becoming an OpenID provider would be the other side
of intervention.

--strk;