[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Apr 5 04:55:27 PDT 2016

On 04/05/2016 01:38 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, 05. Apr 2016 at 17:28:01 +0700, Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Could I suggest that we rather move the discussion towards the practical
>> elements of getting issues migrated and accept the choice to use
>> GitHub as our platform for code, issues and authentication backend?
> Could we stop discussing and do a test migration first?  Can that be done on a
> test cloned repository?   And then see if we're fine with the results, maybe
> tweak them, get everyone to like and then do it again on the main repository?

if github in acceptable_platforms:
    if migrate_issues.is_required():
        try:
            if migrate_issues.perform_on(test_repo).successful():
                migrate_issues.perform_on(real_repo)
                redmine.shutdown()
        except DataNotAvailableError e:
            print('Ask somebody with access to the data to do the test')
    else:
        redmine.make_readonly()
        qgis_repo.enable_issue_tracking()
        celebrate()
----

I guess we need some kind of ticket migration. But nobody who opted for
ticket migration and who has proper access to existing ticket data
really did the effort yet to bring this to an end.

FWIW, I didn't ask for ticket migration and I don't have access to the
eisting data dump.

Matthias

> Talk is cheap (that's why it can go on and on and on...).
>

> Jürgen

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source