[Qgis-psc] Meeting tonight?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Aug 2 00:33:13 PDT 2016

Hi Paolo

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Anita: We should explain the meaning behind the “trusted” flag in plugin
> repo in a blog post
> TODO Paolo: Ask Paolo to write up a short explanation
>
> Could you please detail what is required:
> * the short explanation should go to a blog post, on the website, in an
> email, or?

​I'd suggest a blog post as a start because these posts tend to show up
higher on Google search results than some page we add to qgis.org​

* what is the target and reason for it?

People don't understand the implications of the tag without further
explanation: ​
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/203116/what-does-the-trusted-flag-mean-for-qgis-plugins

IT departments are (rightfully?) scared to let users install "untrusted"
plugins.

Best wishes,
Anita