[Qgis-psc] Processing test framework

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Feb 3 08:55:12 PST 2016

Hi Paolo

On 02/03/2016 05:17 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 03/02/2016 17:13, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
>
>> My main focus was on vector algorithms so far and I have spent a lot of
>> time already on this (more than planned originally). I will have to
>> leave further optimisation of this to the community.
> Thanks Matthias.
> Please let us know how users can cooperate: if we find a smooth path, I
> believe people can help (I certainly will, also during my analysis courses).
> All the best.

It will be great to have more people involved on this.

It is quite simple to integrate a new test. Open one (or more) of the
datasets in python/plugins/processing/tests/testdata and run an
algorithm with the output redirected to the subfolder expected below
aforementioned testdata (preferably in gml format).

Manually verify that the result corresponds with what you would expect
from it. If it does not or if there's an error in the log, fix the
algorithm and restart. If everything is ok, go to the history, right
click the entry and generate the test. Copy the generated text to the
file testdata/algorithm_tests.yaml in the abovementioned folder.
Commit/push and make a pull request, so we can see if travis is happy
with the change as well.

Best
Matthias

--