[Qgis-psc] Call for Presentations and Workshops. 2nd Int. QGIS Conference, May 2016

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Wed Feb 10 07:59:32 PST 2016

On 10/02/16 13:49, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Lluis
Hi Tim et al.,

> 8< —— snip ——
>
> Great…maybe it is better we just put everything into the wiki so we
> can update it without interrupting you.

I've already inserted a link pointing at your wiki page. Now, we only
have to update the wiki without creating possible inconsistencies
between the two pages:
/
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/hackfest/

/

>>> 8< —— snip ——
>>
>> /Yes, then considering that we can offer a set of free conference
>> tickets for those who are willing to participate at the hack fest.
>> Once we open the registration form and as soon as the people proceed
>> to register to the Conference, we will modify their profile from
>> regular attendee (that should pay a the fee for attending the
>> conference) to "guest" attendees.
>>
>> Does this work for you? By the time, the nine registered developers
>> that are already registered on the wiki, they will be the first
>> beneficiaries of the free tickets for the Conference. Let's see how
>> much free conference ticket can we offer... /
>

> Yes just be careful sometimes we get ~50 attendees at the hackfest. I
> think mainly that the workshop presenters of workshops should be given
> free attendance - for others attending the hackfest I guess they
> should pay if they want to attend the conference too. If they attend
> only the hackfest there should be no fee for them (since they are
> donating their time already to work on QGIS).

Ok, so just to be clear:

Hackfest attendees that are also Workshop presenters at the QGIS
Conference = Free entrance
Hackfest attendees that aren't Workshop presenters at the QGIS
Conference = Fee payment*

* http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/inscripcion/

Am I right?

> 8< —— snip ——
>
>> 8< —— snip ——
>
> Could I just check if you already provided something? Sorry if I
> missed it in my overflowing inbox. It would be great to update the
> wiki with more details. I see the page has been added to, but I wonder
> if we could add some info about transportation options.

Yes. I already added some information about the venue some days ago.
Now, I am editing the wiki again just for adding more information about
the area, transportation and so on...

>> /
>> **Are there trail runners among you? There is a nice green area, full
>> of paths (upslope and downslope) next to the monastery so, a trail
>> running path could be arranged :) On the other hand,we can even
>> organize a pleasant walk for the surrounding
>> /
>

> Yes a few of us like running so that would be cool!

Ok, as soon as we approach the dates for the hack fest, we can decide
whether organize a soft or a hard trail run. It entirely depends on the
interested people and on the quantity of adrenaline that you want to
burn off! I've inserted some text also on the wiki page.

> Is there anything else we can help with? Lene has kindly offered to
> help in organising the  QGIS user conference part - have you already
> been in / had contact from her?

As soon as the call for workshops and presentations ends, I will contact
Lene again to organize the Conference Program (both presentations and
workshops). We really appreciate her help and experience.

> Regards
>
> Tim
Best regards!
Lluís