[Qgis-psc] project feedback to OSGeo

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Sat Feb 13 10:25:24 PST 2016

Hi Anita

Another useful thing they could do is develop a standard promotional pack e.g. a double sided brochure from each OSGEO project and copies of the OSGEO Live CD that can be used by local chapters and OSGEO representatives when they man booths and stalls. They could fund or help each country chapter to create a kit that can be used to take to events to help OSGEO and its constituent projects. At the moment anyone wanting to represent OSGEO is left very much up to their own devices and even having all of these resources collated in the wiki would be useful so you can get them in one place.

Also the OSGEO web site looks and is really dated and same for the wiki….can’t they modernise it a bit (using a professional designer)? - it doesn’t look like the web site of a professional organisation. I would at least like to land on the front page as someone uninformed about OSGEO and see visually what this OSGEO thing is and see a gallery / slider / whatever of the outputs produced by their participating projects.