[Qgis-psc] QGIS international conference organization - better in the open?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Feb 15 07:35:29 PST 2016

Thank you Lluis. That helps a lot. I can now see that Processing is
already covered fairly well in presentations, but symbology is not.
However, symbology/labelling is covered in the workshops.

I think we should now announce this list along with the submission
deadline extension on the QGIS user and OSGEO mailinglists.

Thanks a lot and greetings,

Andreas

On 2016-02-15 15:39, Lluís Vicens wrote:

> On 15/02/16 13:16, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> Hi Lluis
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Lluís Vicens <lluis at sigte.udg.es> wrote:
>
> On 15/02/16 11:16, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Good. Maybe start properly with such an open approach in 2017?
>
> Fyi:
>
> Nyall submitted a 2h workshop with me as co-instructor on labelling, I submitted a 4h workshop titled "From data model to QGIS project", with Matthias Kuhn as co-instructor. This will cover creating a Postgis schema from ER/UML diagram and creating a QGIS project with relations, forms, nested forms, transactions and proper widgets.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2016-02-15 10:22, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 15/02/2016 10:12, Neumann, Andreas ha scritto:
>
> What do others think?
> agreed fully.
> thanks Andreas for your thought.

​ Yes Andreas that makes sense. I think we need to develop some general
workflows for running the conference, regardless of who / where it is
hosted, so that would be a good goal for 2017.

LLuis is there a public place to look at the submissions?

Regards

Tim ​ Hi everyone,

If there are no objections, I have no problem to add a new section
("Already submitted presentations" or so), on the "call for
presentations" page, where I can list the ones (#8) I received up to
day. The same can be applied to workshops..

Moreover, we are going to annouce the extened deadline for submitting
new proposals until next February 22nd.

Does it work for you?

​ That sounds perfect thanks!

Regards

Tim ​

--
 LLUÍS VICENS
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica
lluis at sigte.udg.edu

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development
* GIS Training
* Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net [1]

Submitted presentations:
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/conferencia-qgis/
Submitted workshops:
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/workshops-qgis/

As you can see I omitted the author names in the submission list, before
the selection process is taking place. Do you agree on that point?

New deadline: February 22nd
Feel free to spread the spread the word

--
 LLUÍS VICENS
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica
-
Universitat de Girona
SIGTE
-