[Qgis-psc] Fwd: No QGIS in stretch due to Qt4 WebKit removal

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Jan 11 05:27:34 PST 2016

On 11-01-16 13:49, Juergen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Mon, 11. Jan 2016 at 13:20:16 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Thanks Juergen. So the plan is to release 2.14 LTR on Debian with Qt5,
>> Py2, and without webkit support?
>
> No, we'll disable webkit where it's gone and keep the rest as is.  So no switch
> to Qt5 or Py3.  And that applies only to stretch/testing and sid/unstable and
> those are moving targets anyway and can break anytime.

/me is on testing, I have to make my laptop windows dual boot again :-(

No, don't worry I'll be okay, but I am wondering what the implications
are of the 'disabling webkit' action.

>From [0] I draw the conclusion that the html widget in composer is not
working then anymore, and I'm wondering what else is depending on
webkit... I can do without the html widgets but...

Will I be able to build QGIS without webkit then?
Or should I stop updating Debian on my machine untill QGIS 3.0 :-)

Let's have a chat about it in next PSC meeting next wednesday

Regards,

Richard

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/29